Liquid Laundry Detergent-Liquid
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/3 bar of soap (Kirk’s Fels-naptha, castile or homemade)
1/2 c. washing soda (NOT baking soda!)
1/2 c. borax
2 gallon bucket or larger
Essential Oils, if desired
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Grate your bar of soap as fine as you can. The finer the grate, the better results you’ll have in the soap dissolving
- Place your 1/3 bar of grated soap in a large saucepan. Add 6c. of water and heaton low till the soap melts.
- Slowly, add washing soda and borax. Stir till dissolved and remove from heat.
- Add essential oils here, if you’d like or add at each load. Your choice, or not at all!
- Pour 4 c. hot water into your bucket. Add the soap mixture and stir.
- Add an additional 1 gallon and 6 cups ( 22 cups) of hot water and stir.
- Cover ( a towel is fine) and let sit for 24 hours to thicken.
*I pour mine into an old detergent or gallon milk jug or two for ease of use. Depending on the size of the load…I usually use about 1/3 to 1/2 cup for a large load* And I use it in our HE washer!